C0 note (16,35 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
D0 note (18.35 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
C0 note (16,35 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
F0 note (21.83 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
G0 note (24.50 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
A0 note (27.50 Hz) — vibrating on liquid surface
After intense consultations and speaking with several interested persons, the Executive Committee has appointed Olga Smetanov as Secretary General and Walter De Schepper as Treasurer.
Olga Smetanová transformed the state agency National Music Centre -Slovkoncert to the modern institution Music Centre Slovakia, which she connected to many international organizations - ECPNM, IAMIC, IAML, EUYO, EFA, EMC, ISCM.
She actively represented Slovakia in many international networks: as President of International Association of Music Information Centres (2007 – 2013), The Executive Committee Member of International Society for Contemporary Music (2007 – 2012), The Member of European Music Council Committee (1997 – 2002), The Member of European Conference of Promoters of New Music Committee (1996 – 1998).
She made new international relationships with festivals of contemporary music, jazz associations and European organizers.
She brought new opportunities to young performers within The European Union Youth Orchestra, as well as by supporting appearances in international competitions through the Forum of Young Talents.
In the international arena she made new opportunities for Slovak performing arts and original music works by the repeated performance by Slovak artists at festivals like Warsaw Autumn, Warsaw Summer Jazz Days, Criss Cross Europe, Porgy and Bess, Prague Spring, Re: New Music, New Music New Audiences as well as encouraging original Slovak music to be performed by foreign ensembles in Europe and overseas.
At home she contributed to raising an artistic level and building the prestige of festivals Bratislava Music Days, Allegretto Žilina, Melos Ethos and The ISCM World Music Days, the last of which took place for the first time in Slovakia within the festival Melos Ethos 2013.
She opened the gates of the Slovak musical industry to such fairs as Midem, PopKomm, Classical Next and for the first time in this year to the fair Womex.
She started new events and projects in Slovakia – Ludovít Rajter Award, The Night of Music, 100th anniversary of the birth of Eugen Suchon, Melos Ethos Ensemble, Slovak Youth Orchestra.
She successfully implemented the Year of Slovak Music in 2006.
She participated in the elaboration of the project Musical Globe for Slovakia’s European Union Presidency in 2016. She stabilized a team of excellent experts within the Music Centre, as well as in external advisory authorities – Council’s Board, Publishing Board, Editorial Board of Music Life Magazine, Commission for Educational concerts, Jazz Board, the festival committee of Bratislava Music Days, Melos Ethos, Allegretto Žilina and in the last period mainly the new Historic Organ Committee.
During her work in the institution many of the Music Centre’s published titles filled the blank spaces in the Slovak market and they are highly appreciated by the professional public.
She was engaged in publishing music media with contemporary music, Early Music and Jazz.
She stabilized documentary activities in the Music Centre, and thanks to that it was able to document the status of historic organs in Slovakia and to create credible databases and documentation about Slovak music culture, for which the Music Centre became a credible gate to the world of Slovak music.
After sixteen years of work at the post of Director of Music Centre Slovakia, Olga Smetanová considers her vision fulfilled and therefore asked the Minister of Culture Marek Madaric to be excused from duty. Olga can be reached by mail via firstname.lastname@example.org
Walter De Schepper is currently employed at the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel (KCB, Brussels Royal Conservatory) as Head of Finance & Administration Over 25 years experience as a Management Consultant:
- Developing a commercial strategy for a resort project in Marrakech
- The development and financing of a tourism project in Samoa.
Recently completed projects:
- For the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development in Georgia: developing a Green Growth Strategy (2011-2012);
- For a European Port: consulting assignment on developing a new industrial area (2011-2012);
- Documenting cases studies of successful modals shifts from road transport to inland waterways (2011-2012);
- Speaker at the "1er Foro de Zonas Francas" in Panama (2011);
- Guest lecturer at NHTV (University of Breda, the Netherlands) on project development in the tourism industry (2010, 2011);
- Strategic studies for a regional development agency in Flanders focusing on new concepts in smart logistics (Nov. - Dec. 2010)
- Interim management assignment for a FMCG multinational to assist in further streamlining the supply chain and implement lean (completed April 2010).
- Feasibility study for a real estate project in Dubai focusing on industrial development and in collaboration with Jurong Consulting from Singapore (2008-2009).
- Feasibility study for a new economic zone in Libya (2007-2009).
- Site search for a gas-fired powerplant in Europe for EDF(2008).
He is APICS-certified and using these skills has worked on several assignments focusing on procurement, distribution and manufacturing management. Specialties: Business location, Logistics & Manufacturing Management, Feasibility Studies, Project Management and Finance, Business Process Reegineering Walter can be reached by mail via email@example.com
A warm welcome to both in our ISCM family!
Peter Swinnen ISCM President