A Call of Composition for International Students 2020 —The 13th Shanghai New Music Week
As a part of master-class of the Shanghai New Music Week, the call of composition aims to encourage students to compose more creative and excellent works.
Five pieces will be selected from the entries by a jury of Chengjie Zhang, Deqing Wen, Narong Prangcharon. The final concert will be held from 15:15 to 17:15 September 23h 2020 by Shanghai New Music Week Ensemble. The residence composers Micheal Jarrel, Frencesco Filidei, Narong Prangcharon, Ye Xiaogang and Zhang Qianyi will give comments on the five selected pieces in the Master-Class for International Students Works Concert.
New Music Week will provide necessary accommodations and transposition for the selected finalists who are not local, along with the festival pass during the period of 18th – 23th Sept. 2020
Rules for Eligibility:
1. The candidates must be students at the time applying (no nationality or age limited) and only one work for each participant to submit.
2. The submitted work must be within 5-8 minutes in duration.
3. Instrumentations are as follows (Each entry should involve 5-8 musicians): 1 flute, 1 clarinet, 1 oboe, 1 piano, 2 violins, 1 viola, 1 cello.
4. The entry work must be composed after 2019.
5. The participant must provide the full score, part score in PDF and student ID card’s scanning picture, photograph, phone-number, email address, postal address, the biography of composer and introduction of composition which are in Chinese or English and each should be within 100 words to [email protected] before 15th July 2020
6. All the selected finalists must be sure to participate the rehearsal and attend the concert.
2020 The 13th Shanghai New Music Week